Home Featured Privacy Policy Sponsor About LE MINIMALIST

BAKE UP SOME EARLY VALENTINES DAY FUN

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

VALENTINES DAY SUGAR COOKIE SANDWICHES 

Oh, it's that time again. Valentines Day. I have mixed feelings like many - but in the end, my soft side always wins out and I'll end up in the spirit of love and gooey-ness. Since the love bug is hitting me earlier than usual, I thought I'd post some pre-valentines day DIY gift suggestions for those of you who are smart and thinking ahead. I say this because I'm a last minute girl and I've spent many a holiday scrambling around at the last given moment. BUT NOT THIS YEAR, DAMMIT.

The original recipe + concept for these cookies comes from the ever so delightful Epicurious, however I've decided to do a sugar cookie instead of a lemon cookie. ENJOY!



FOR FURTHER READING CLICK READ MORE:





INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup unsalted margarine

  • 1 + 2/3 cups sugar

  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

  • 3 Brown (Cage Free!) Eggs

  • 3 + 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar

  • 1 teaspoon baking soda

  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

  • *Frosting - I used pre-packaged (embarrassing)
  • But there are plenty of ingredients for fresh home-made frosting online! My flavor of choice was buttercream.

  • *Sprinkles - Pink Glitter sprinkles + round pink/white/red sprinkles from Crate & Barrel 
  • Silver + White found at any grocery store.



  • DIRECTIONS:

  • 1. Melt Butter to soften, mix all ingredients together and blend until consistent.

  • 2. After mix is complete, cover the dough and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. (over night is perfect!)

  • 3. Preheat Oven to 375! 

  • 4. After the dough has been left to sit, form small 1" balls. Try not to make them too big or they will flatten out and look all awkward. (I know because this happened to me...) Grease cookie sheet that has been lined with aluminum foil. 








  • 5. After you've rolled up the little cookie balls, roll them in the sprinkle of your choice, try your best to cover them completely, but NBD if you miss the bottoms, they will just be covered with frosting.

  • 6. Bake for 6-8 minutes depending on your oven. Just keep an eye out, not to burn them! Cookies should appear golden brown when ready. You can test to see if they are done by sticking a tooth pick in them. If the tooth pick comes out clean, you're ready to go!





7. After your cookies have cooled, place a dollop of icing between two cookies and sandwich them together, and you're done! These will make the perfect gifts for the beautiful, sweet Valentines in your life. 



You can take things a step cuter by putting them in adorable decorative baggies or cute personalized Valentine's boxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment