Home Featured Privacy Policy Sponsor About LE MINIMALIST

THINGS I LOVE ABOUT VALENTINES DAY: FOUR OF MY FAVORITE SWEET & SIMPLE DIY PROJECTS

Wednesday, February 6, 2013




I can't get over this. It looks amazing! I'm not a huge fan of popcorn, but when it's popcorn smothered in cheese or chocolate or icing -  my sweet tooth takes over and I just can't say no. You won't be able to resist either!  

This sweet and adorable treat would make the perfect V-Day gift wrapped up in a cellophane baggie with silver and pink ribbon. 





I would love to be on the receiving end of this gift! Lace is always one of my favorite go-tos for girly, flirty events and of course, the holidays - and what better holiday to rock one of these bad ass (but in the most dainty, feminine way) princess crowns than on Valentines Day. 

If you're planning a V-day party these would make excellent party favors. 

And of course this idea is perfect for the kids in your life, not just the adults. I'm already planning to have these at my next soiree. I'll probably make the guys rock them too.  





If you know nothing else about me, then know this: I'm lazy. I'm soooo lazy. God. But even I, in all my laziness can easily find the time to put together these heart warming (or heart attack inducing) little Valentine boxes. If you're not a run of the mill Hallmark card giving type, then this is for you. 

You can spruce this already cute idea up a bit by including little love letters on each heart, or maybe something you love about the person receiving it on each one. Limitless options! 

Hell, I'd even throw some glitter in there. But it depends on how much you love them, because glitter is so hard to clean up, especially if it explodes all over your floor. Yeah.




Iced Lavender Lemon Shortbread Cookies via Montcarte


I'm so into this whole 'Lavender Craze' going on right now. I've always been a huge fan of the essential oils - they are great for everything from burns, cuts, bruises - to wrinkles, pimples and helping to reduce scarring. Now in addition to drowning myself in it, I can eat it! I've been dying to whip up some lavender hot chocolate, so now I have an even bigger excuse to bake up a batch of these delicious, aromatic and let's not forget adorable - heart shaped lavender lemon cookies.

Imagine waking your sweetheart up to a kitchen full of the sweet smell of lavender and lemon on Valentines Day! I ALMOST (but not really) wish I had a boyfriend to bake these for. Almost...


2 comments:

  1. the popcorn is such a good idea! i love baking cute little treats, i hope that they all go to plan!

    bake for yourself miss, you don't need a boyfriend to bake cute little things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thanks <3 If you make some, please share pictures I'd love to see them!

      Delete