Home Featured Privacy Policy Sponsor About LE MINIMALIST

DIY NEON NICHOLAS KIRKWOOD HEELS

Tuesday, January 17, 2012





Ever since I saw these Nicholas Kirkwood for Roksanda Ilincic S/S 2012 neon heels on a pair & a spareone of my favorite and frequently stalked DIY blogs, I was instantly obsessed with creating a DIY version myself.  This was quite possibly one of the easiest DIY projects I've done, although it does take a few days to complete if you want the paint to dry perfectly. 

I'd definitely like to thank Geneva for the creative inspiration, and also for including me on her blog, HERE










MATERIALS:

1. Neon Spray Paint 
2. Painter's Tape
3. White or Nude Spray Paint
4. Newspaper to work on

If the shoe is already white or nude colored, you won't need to spray the body a base color.

Use painter's tape to section off the body of the shoe so that it doesn't get sprayed.  

After sectioning off the heel with tape, spray a light coat of white or grey spray paint to use as a base. 

Allow this coat to dry over night, or for a day or two depending on the material of the heel. 

After the first coat is dry, spray an even coat of Neon spray paint in your color choice over the whole of the heel. You may want to repeat this process again for a deeper, more thorough coating. 

When the paint has dried, just remove the tape!







2 comments:

  1. these are fabulous! I just discovered your blog (courtesy of Polyvore) and I'm loving it :D

    xoxo Julieta (julietav)

    www.vjuliet.com

    ReplyDelete